This tutorial will help you how to open RAR files. RAR file is simply a file extension of a one or many files in a compressed form. If you have downloaded a RAR file or files from the internet or from any form of media, you have to
extract its content for you to use the file/s.
There are several applications that can open RAR file, for our tutorial, we will use 7-Zip. So make sure before proceeding to below steps, you must have installed 7-Zip first. Scroll down at the end of this post to click on the download link of 7-Zip.
Steps to Open RAR Files
1. Identify the location of your RAR file. For our example, it’s in Local Disc (C:) and we want to open “Temp.rar” file.
2. Right click the RAR file, then go to 7-Zip.
3. Click “Open archive”.
4. A new window will open, showing the file or files that were compressed. Our example, shows 4 files that were compressed.
5. Select the files that you want to see or to use, for our example, we want to see all 4 files, so just select all files.
6. Click Extract.
7. A new window will open to confirm where you want to copy the file/s you want to extract. Just make sure you remember your file’s location.
8. For our example, we still want to place the extracted files to its original location, so just click OK.
9. As you can see from our original location of the RAR file, the extracted files were already added.
10. Now you already know how to open RAR files!
Know more about RAR file [via about.com]
Download 7-Zip [via 7-zip.org]