Sometimes when you try to install a Google Chrome extension, a pop-up message “Apps, extensions, and user scripts cannot be added from this website” appears. It only means that Chrome doesn’t like that extension to be installed, but don’t be sad because there is another way to install it.
Aside from the official Chrome Web Store, there is a website called chromeextensions.org where we can install extensions that Google Chrome does not allow. Watch video and see steps below on how to install Chrome extensions outside of Chrome Web Store.
Steps to Install Chrome Extensions
1. Go to chromeextensioins.org, find the extension you want to install.
2. Right click “Add to Chrome“, then select “Save link as…“.
3. Choose the location where you want to save the file. Click “save”.
4. In your Chrome browser, click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon. Select “Settings“.
5. Click “Extensions” on the right hand side menu. Click, drag and drop the file you downloaded awhile ago.
6. Choose “Add” from the pop-up window. You can now use the new chrome extension.
How to Install Extensions From Outside the Chrome Web Store [via howtogeek.com]
How to Install Extensions that Aren’t from the Official Chrome Web Store [via lifehacker.com]